Applied Weighing are now recruiting for an experienced Service Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Service. The ideal candidate will have previous field-based weighing & engineering experience with IT and strong customer facing skills.
Working closely with the service team, the candidate will be responsible for proactive maintenance, fault diagnosis, repair and recommendation on product progression.
Reporting to the Service Manager, carry out given tasks on the day and time allocated for each job.
Jobs vary from installation / commissioning, service & calibration, fault finding, call outs and general customer site support.
The jobs/tasks will be mainly at our customer’s sites in your area, but occasional visits to the other UK areas and overseas travel can also be a requirement.
- Carry out jobs as required on a day to day basis (multiple jobs on a single day may be required)
- To represent Applied Weighing to its customers in a professional and courteous manner
- To ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and in given timescales
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in load cell and weighing technology
- Skilled in mechanical and electrical installation
- Previous experience of commissioning and calibration of vessel, structural and platform weigh systems is preferable, but full training will be given
- Skills or potential capability to carry out instrumentation software download/upload, operation and set up
- Passion to deliver first-class customer service.
- Ability to listen and comprehend customer enquiries and take appropriate action as required.
- Able to manage own time and demonstrate personal organisation.
- Effective team-player, with the ability to recognise and use different strengths of own team to build better outcomes.
- Embraces opportunities to take on new or additional responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to match appropriate communication channel to task and to audience.
- Able to demonstrate sound commercial awareness in all aspects of the role, including awareness of the implications their role has on the wider business
- Keen to learn and be willing to improve your skills
- A can do attitude is essential.
- Full driving license; extensive travel throughout the UK, but mainly in your given area
- Occasional travel throughout Europe and the Rest of the World
- There will be the extensive use of a set of 10kg test weights to calibrate various weighing systems
Minimum academic level required: GCSE’s/CSE + Engineering qualifications
Ideal academic level preferred: HNC Level or above
Microsoft Office skills are essential.